Asakusa is considered to be the most traditional metropolitan district in Tokyo. It’s one of the most popular sightseeing area for tourists, and it’s famous for its Sensoji Temple.
Whether it be shopping for quintessential Japanese souvenir items or soaking in the rich tradition of Japanese culture through its arts and crafts, Asakusa has a lot to offer. It’s one of the must visit places in Tokyo especially if you’re visiting Japan for the first time.
So, we’ve listed down top sight-seeing activities in Asakusa :
- Explore the oldest temple in Tokyo, Sensoji Temple
2. Marvel at the grandeur of Tokyo Sky Tree for free
3. Leisurely stroll Nakamise Dori
4. Walk around Asakusa wearing a traditional Japanese kimono
5. Shop for kawaii Japanese souvenirs at Nishi Sando
6. Sample local delicacies at Nishi Sando
7. Explore Asakusa alleys while riding a rickshaw
8. More shopping! Check out souvenir items in Asakusa Don Quijote